- 20-08-2019 - CDI
Contexte du recrutement et définition de poste
Our client: Sucres et Denrées, Sucden, is an independent soft commodities trader, based in Paris. Over the last few years, Sucden has grown its presence in the cocoa market and is now one of the world’s largest cocoa bean traders.
The objective of Sucden’s sustainability programs is to contribute to improving cocoa farmers’ livelihoods. Through Sucden’s sustainability programs in Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria, we seek to build strong partnerships with large chocolate manufacturers and cocoa processors and farmer groups. In particular, we work to achieve achieve traceability, data, and impact throughout the supply chains in which we work.
Sustainability Coordinator H/F
Reporting to Sucden Paris’ Sustainability Manager, you will help Sucden to oversee and manage each sustainable program in Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, and Nigeria, ensuring that these programs meet our final customers’ milestones and objectives.
This role will also be focused on helping to generate on-the-ground impact for farmers who participate in each program
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Oversight, management, and coordination of the implementation of sustainability programs in origin.
- Helps draft MOUs and sustainability content for legal documents with suppliers and customers
- Helps to draft sustainability program proposals or proposals for pilot initiatives within the framework of ongoing sustainability programs.
- Oversight and management of supplier code of conduct
- Assisting with and planning the roll out of the IT traceability system provided by Sucden.
- Helps to identify potential implementation partners for certain program activities in origin (gender, agroforestry, etc.) and monitors reporting of these partners.
- Oversight, management, and coordination of the reporting carried out by Sucden’s origin-based sustainability teams.