Senior Communication and Marketing Manager
- 29-07-2019 -
Contexte du recrutement et définition de poste
Birdeo, cabinet de recrutement et chasse de tête, est spécialisé sur les nouveaux enjeux sociétaux : RSE, Développement Durable, Innovation Sociale, Economie sociale et solidaire, Environnement.
Our client is MSC. The MSC's vision is the world's oceans to be teeming with life, and seafood supplies safeguarded for this and future generations. Through our world leading certification and ecolabelling programme we recognize and reward sustainable fisheries and through the leadership of our partners, create market incentives to encourage other fisheries to improve the way they operate. Over 300 fisheries around the world, representing 12% of the annual global marine catch, are now engagd in the MSC programme. MSC certified and labelled seafood products are now available in over 100 countries.
We are looking for a :
Senior Communications and Marketing Manager W/M
The role will be focused on proactive marketing and PR :
- Lead multi-channel, multi-partner marketing and PR campaigns, working closely with MSC France commercial team, global marketing colleagues and industry counterparts.
- In close coordination with Global Communications and Marketing team, ensure MSC provides consistent, proactive, engaging communications for identified target audiences, and through relevant media channels including PR, digital and social media and paid-for media.
- Identify and develop partnerships and ambassador engagement to boost the MSC’s profile and engagement with key audiences.
- Maximize direct and leveraged marketing opportunities, working closely with MSC France commercial team and industry counterparts.
- Use relevant market research to inform existing and future marketing initiatives, analyse marketing and PR campaign results against overall objectives and KPIs and report on campaign performance and effectiveness.
This role will also:
- Lead the development and implementation of MSC’s communications and marketing strategy in France
- Lead the development and implementation of MSC France communications and marketing strategy and year-round action plan – in close collaboration with the MSC France team and Global Communications and Marketing team – that serves to build and reinforce the organization’s credibility, profile and value proposition.
- Provide advice and counsel to the France Program Director and team on all PR, communications and marketing opportunities and activities.
- Helping to build and reinforce the organization’s credibility, profile and value proposition
- Ensure consistency of messaging in MSC’s external communications.
- Build engagement with, and support for, the organization with communications to relevant stakeholders, navigating a highly complex stakeholder environment.
- Work with the France Program Director, Fisheries Outreach Manager and global communications team to develop initiatives which will enhance the MSC reputation within France.
- Provide a “radar function” on emerging issues related to the MSC’s work in the France region.
- Work with the France Program Director, Fisheries Outreach Manager and global communications team to prepare briefings and coordinate communications on issues which could impact the MSC’s reputation.
- Manage media enquiries.
- Work with communications colleagues to respond to criticism and questions on social media.
- Reinforce and grow support and engagement for the MSC among key stakeholders
- Work with partners, agencies and key stakeholders to develop stories, case studies, photo commissions, editorial and other creative approaches to bring to life the MSC’s work for target audiences in the France region.
- Oversee the sign-off for communications and marketing collateral, ensuring they adhere to the MSC’s brand guidelines and undertake quality control.
Technical skills :
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience, preferably in a business, marketing, or communications discipline.
- Extensive experience in engaging and building relationships with external media bodies, both proactively and reactively, including media crisis management.
- Extensive experience in developing and delivering integrated communications strategies across the full range of communications channels, including all forms of digital media.
- Substantial track record in managing integrated marketing and PR campaigns with multiple partners or similar.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketing and/or communications specialists.
- Some experience of working in, or with, the FMCG retail sector or an environmental organisation is an advantage.
- Knowledge of third-party certification schemes and the role of eco-labelling an advantage.
- Strategic thinker and planner, able to grasp complex and intellectually challenging ideas and communicate them to people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills and an ability to work as part of a team to deliver complex projects.
- Stature and confidence to gain the credibility and respect of MSC staff and external partners.
- Ability to make decisions in a rapidly changing environment; attention to detail, diplomacy and discretion.
- A demonstrated interest in the MSC’s mission and objectives is desirable.
- Willingness to travel, and work effectively while travelling, and work irregular hours when necessary.