Consultant Manager Finance Climat
- 10-07-2019 -
Contexte du recrutement et définition de poste
The 2° Investing Initiative [2°ii], a leading global think tank on sustainable finance, is looking for a highly motivated individual to help lead, deliver and expand our technical research programme.
2°ii is the leading global think tank on integrating long-term and climate-related objectives and risks into financial market metrics, processes, and regulation.
- Policy work: 2°ii co-designed the first climate-related financial regulation in the world (Art. 173 of the French Energy Transition Law) and participated to the High-Level Expert Groups who developed the sustainable finance action plans for the European Commission and China.
- Research: 2°ii developed the first science-based 2°C scenario analysis tool for financial portfolios, applied by over 600 financial institutions and a number of financial supervisors around the world, and contributes to the development and delivery of a number of other global initiatives such as Climate Action 100+, the Science-Based Targets, ISO 14097.
- Incubation: 2°ii is currently incubating a provider of data to assess the exposure of stocks and bonds to energy-related technology, and a project of sustainability-ready, open-source robo-advisor.
In your role as Senior Manager, you will accelerate the delivery of our mission and support the alignment of global investment portfolios with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering and managing global research programmes, including developing the strategic project visions and technical content and managing the team and external stakeholders;
- Contributing to the growth of the organisation by developing new technical research programmes;
- Contributing to the delivery of 2°ii’s policy work, including developing consultation responses and other policy/thought leadership papers, identifying, monitoring and evaluating policy issues and formulating 2°ii’s responses, in particular in the context of European regulation;
- Supporting 2°ii’s directors in the development of our long-term strategy;
- Maintaining and strengthening relationships with the investment community in Europe, in particular France and the UK;
- Leading the development of funding proposals;
- Public speaking at events and conferences representing 2°ii as a subject matter expert;
- Supporting the development of 2°ii’s membership services.
- An experienced manager with previous consulting or client-facing experience and a minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, which may include:
- Research expertise, ideally on topics focusing on financial regulation, financial analysis (risk modelling), data analysis, and / or fintech-related issues.
- Good level of understanding of finance, especially with an interest in issues related to climate change and the energy technology transition to a low-carbon economy
- Experience or demonstrable understanding of climate change-related topics (policy, economics, science)
- Advanced analytical and technical skills, including for example data analysis, data mining, benchmarking and process optimisation
- Extensive project and stakeholder management experience, including coordinating international advisory groups
- Initiative to engage and tackle problems on your own and in a team as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral skills in English and French
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to develop intellectual leadership on new topics.
- The ability to succeed across a range of responsibilities related to research, project management, marketing, and stakeholder engagement.
- The courage to apply, even if you don’t tick all the boxes
What we offer:
- Engaging and challenging tasks in a young, international and rapidly expanding like-minded team;
- A competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours, and the opportunity to travel;
- The opportunity for significant career development, networking and visibility;
- The opportunity to rapidly take on responsibilities and shape projects from day one.